Requests in Concur are used to obtain pre-trip approval for travel and for eligible employees to apply for and manage the Travel and Entertainment (T&E) Card used to pay for University-approved travel and business-related expenses.
Travel & Entertainment Card Request
The new T&E Card program provides several benefits to the cardholder and university, including:
- The card balance is paid in full each billing cycle by the university
- Reduction of out-of-pocket expenses for travelers
- Access to transactional activity by the cardholder’s department
- Integration of card transactions to facilitate expense reporting in Concur
- No late fees
An approved pre-trip request for travel is required before an expense report can be submitted for approval.
- Pre-trip requests should provide estimates for expenses related to a trip regardless of how it is to be paid (University paid or out of pocket).
- The Pre-trip Request is best practice from a Duty of Care & Risk Management perspective
- Booking through Anthony Travel (or ConnexUC) will automatically register them with UC Away
- Facilitates completion of timely expense reports and reconciliation of corporate charges