Procurement Card Requests
About the Procurement Card (PCard)
The UCR Procurement Card (PCard) is a Visa purchasing card issued to the University through US Bank to designated employees. Though it resembles and functions similar to a personal bank card, there are significant differences:
- it is a corporate ‘purchasing' card rather than a ‘credit' card
- full liability rests with the University for payment to the bank for all transactions
- it is assigned by the bank to a designated UCR employee but is issued in the name of and on the behalf of the University.
Because the Procurement Card is a Visa charge card, it is accepted universally. Like all bankcards, the Procurement Card can either be "swiped" at the supplier's site or used to place orders over the telephone or the Internet (use secured links) by providing the account number and security information to the supplier.
When a purchase is made with the Procurement Card, suppliers do not need to issue periodic statements because they are paid directly by the bank. The bank ‘bills' UCR for the net amount of all authorized transactions processed during a given period. UCR validates the data received from the bank's electronic billing and issues payment to the bank.
Procurement Card Benefits
- Accepted by all vendors that take Visa
- Eliminates purchase order and invoice processing for routine, low dollar purchases of goods and services
- Combines ordering and paying into a single process
- Includes payment information such as Transaction Date, Posting Date, and Vendor Name
- Limits transaction amounts to $5,000 (including tax, freight, and handling charges)
- Limits monthly cycle limit to $50,000
- Maximum of 99 transactions per day
- Maximum of 999 transactions per cycle
- Includes built-in controls that prohibit restricted purchases
PCard Eligibility and Usage
View the Procurement Card webpage to Learn more about roles and responsibilities, required training, and tools for managing Procurement Card accounts land transactions.
Concur Card Requests
To apply for the UCR Procurement Card, the cardholder must:
1. Complete required PCard trainings in the UC Learning Center
- PCard Training & Assessment
- Purchasing Obtaining Goods & Services UCR
- Purchasing: Receiver Role Training and Assessment (anyone accessing eBuy)
- Purchasing Requestor Role
- Purchasing Transactor A Training
- Purchasing: Transactor B Training and Assessment
2. Enter a Card Request in Concur
- How to enter a Concur Card Request
Note: Concur Travel and Expense is launching in two phases. Phase one includes Procurement Card requests in Concur, and phase two includes Procurement Card charges reconciled in Concur, launching in July 2023.