UC Riverside has transitioned to cloud-based research applications by Kuali to standardize the processes for research proposals, awards and subawards, compliance, administration, and documentation across various departments.
As part of the Impact23 program, Kuali Sponsored Programs (SP) Proposal Development module has been deployed, which includes the following functionality:
This module manages all aspects of the proposal, including:
- proposal development (PD): PD systematically encompasses compliance, PI certification, detailed budgets, scope of work, sponsor requirements, etc., and is routed for review and submission to the appropriate sponsored project office.
- campus compliance requirements
- proposal review and submission
- award acceptance stage
Note: System-to-System Submissions (S2S) are coming in Fall 2023. Until then, continue using Cayuse Proposal for S2S along with Kuali Proposal.
Visit the following web pages for more information:
- Kuali Research | Research and Economic Development (ucr.edu)
Tools and Support for Kuali SP
- For UCR Support with Kuali Research systems, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The UC Learning Center provides users with UCR-specific online training:
- Kuali SP: Proposal Development (Staff)
- Kuali: Research Systems & Tools & Kuali & Oracle: Contracts and Grants for Academics (Faculty)
- Kuali Sandbox Environment - Kuali Research training environment for users to practice. Remember, the production environment may vary slightly from the sandbox.
- Kuali Research's searchable Knowledge Base allows users to find relevant articles for Kuali system questions or you can look through the module-specific documentation sections to find desired information.
- Office Hours for Kuali SP Proposal Development & Related Forms
- The applications are now accessible under the new PAMIS tab in R'Space, based on the user roles established in Kuali.
Resources to Support Your Faculty
- Kuali SP QRG - Answering the Compliance Questionnaire and Certification
- Kuali SP QRG - Searching and Viewing a Proposal